Irena Campbell MBACP
Hi, my name is Irena Campbell, many of my clients like to call me Rainy. I am a qualified person centred counsellor.
My background is working in prisons, NHS health department, Women’s Aid and Northampton domestic abuse services.
I have also worked in many different schools, from primary through to secondary and Academies.
I work with a wide range of issues such as, anxiety, depression, attachment issues, bereavement, relationship issues, PTSD, domestic abuse, anger management, perpetrators of abuse, offenders and ex-offenders and addictions, self-harm.
I have previously been a lead facilitator delivering the Freedom programme and also a programme for perpetrators of domestic abuse called your power to change. I have worked with many safe guarding issues for both children, young people and adults.
I have been a counsellor for 12 years. I have a good understanding of people’s issues, which have a massive impact on an individual’s life.
I have worked for the prison service, a local hospice and NCC
I work from a private office where I offer a private, confidential service for long or short term therapy in a safe comfortable environment for adults, young people and children. Therapy can be accessed by individuals, couples, and employers. Working together, and having your voice and concerns heard can be a very powerful time for the client.
How counselling can help
Counselling is a joint venture between the client and counsellor, this working empathic, non-judgmental relationship will enable the client to experience growth, and change for a brighter clearer future.
Training qualifications and experience
· Therapeutic counselling level 2 NCFE
· Therapeutic counselling studies level 3 CPCAB
· Advanced therapeutic counselling diploma level 4 CPCAB
· Cruse bereavement counsellor
· Equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s
· Management of drug misuse/harm reduction RCGP
· Respect – Groups for men using intimate partner violence
· Suicide prevention RCGP
· The Freedom programme
· Child development / neglect Barnardo’s
· Collaborative working –A whole family approach NCC
· The effects of parental substance misuse NCC
· Awareness of forced marriages NCC
· Parental mental health NCC
· Safeguarding children NCC
· Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
· Safeguarding everyone NCC
THEORIES TRAINIED IN
· Person centred approach
· Object relations
· Transactional Analysis
· Motivational interviewing